There are many things to do when in Malta. Here are a few things that you definitely don't want to miss!
1. Spend a day on Gozo. We highly recommend going on a jeep tour. You’ll see the most beautiful natural sights and shades of blue water on the small island.
2. Take a boat ride from the Inland Sea at Dwejra to see the cliffs from the water in Gozo. This view is absolutely spectacular!
3. Eat at Kings Own Band Club and Nenu Bakery in Valletta & Victor's in Marsaxlokk, and many more.
4. Try the local delicacies: lampuki pie (fish pie), rabbit, bigilla, (broad beans with garlic), pastizzi (pastry filled with ricotta or mushy peas), and qassatat (flaky pie with ricotta and/or spinach).
5. Take a boat tour of the Blue Grotto on the western side of Malta. Another fabulous view of the island from the water. A highlight of the trip!
6. Spend a day in Valletta getting lost in its narrow streets and climbing its steep hills.
7. Take time to learn about Malta’s complex history while you’re there, especially its role in WWII.
8. Take the ferry across to Sliema from Valetta, preferably at sunset.
9. Get pastizzi from Crystal Palace in Rabat just outside Mdina on your day tour of the west of Malta. Make sure to try all four: pea, cheese, chicken, and anchovy.